3 Ways On How To Collaborate With Hotels As A Blogger

3 Ways On How To Collaborate With Hotels As A BloggerHi wonderful people. I’m back today with some of my blogging tips and tricks. This one might be interesting for all the lifestyle and travel bloggers out there that want to combine work with pleasure. And maybe even make money on the side. Lets talk about 3 Ways On How To Collaborate With Hotels As A Blogger.

1 – Research and selection

If you know you’re traveling abroad soon and you want to mix work with pleasure, it’s good to start approaching hotels like 1,5 or two months beforehand. It’s important to search the internet and make a selection of hotels that you truly would like to collaborate with. They are loads of hotels out there and not each and everyone of them would you like to stay the night. I mean we have to be honest here hahah. So make a selection of interesting, cute, boutique hotels that you think would be interesting for your readers/subscribers. When you have done the selection of the hotels you would like to collaborate with, it’s time to do a little research on these hotels. What so unique about them? What’s their story-telling? What’s so interesting about the themes they’ve chosen? This is interesting to know because then you can create some interesting emails to get their attention. That’s step 2…

3 Ways On How To Collaborate With Hotels As A Blogger

2 – Let the emailing begin

We live in a world right now where so much can be arranged and done by simply just emailing. I always say email is magic. As soon as you’ve made the selection of the hotels you really want to collaborate with, it’s time to send them the pitch email. In this email you’re going to introduce yourself and your platform. Here is also when you’re going to talk a little bit about their hotel (to show that you actually did some research) and explain why you want to collaborate with them and how you want to do that.

3 Ways On How To Collaborate With Hotels As A Blogger

3 – Follow up

When you’ve finished sending the emails to the hotels, it does happen that they won’t send you a response. This can be because of many reasons which we might not know at that point of time. Don’t let it hold you down to send a little reminder. I would say if you haven’t received a response within one working week, send them a friendly reminder. If they don’t react to your email after two weeks, they are clearly not interested. On to the next one.

3 Ways On How To Collaborate With Hotels As A Blogger

I have created an email template of how I write my emails to hotels I want to collaborate with. Sign up below to receive the email template for free! Are you planning on traveling soon?

Get the free e-mail template sent to your inbox! 80+ people have already received the template!

24 Comments

1. 9th October 2017 / 10:51 am

Great information, Trudy!

Another factor that really, really helps us lock down free accommodation is to plan ahead for low season. It’s possible to approach hotels and resorts in the twilight of high season and hop from one engagement to another when vacancy rates are at their peak!

• Trudy Danso
      9th October 2017 / 2:51 pm

Good point Mike!

2. 9th October 2017 / 3:46 pm

Thank you for these tips! It has given me several ideas for my next vacation!

• Trudy Danso
      9th October 2017 / 9:58 pm

You’re welcome!

3. 9th October 2017 / 4:56 pm

Great info! I work with hotels and always recommend that they work with bloggers for additional promotion. It is such a win-win. Sharing how your blog can showcase their business and who your readers are is a must, as well as how you promote your blog. This helps hoteliers easily understand the benefits of partnering with bloggers.

• Trudy Danso
      9th October 2017 / 9:57 pm

I’m happy to hear that you’re making them aware of this Katy.
      I sometimes do feel that hotels are hesitant when it comes to working with bloggers…

4. 9th October 2017 / 9:30 pm

Great tips!! I’d love to build up enough of a following to be able to utilize this!

5. Haley
    9th October 2017 / 9:36 pm

I love your photos and the idea behind this post but to be honest there wasn’t really any helpful information on “how” to collaborate with hotels. I don’t mean this in a negative way at all but I felt like it was a bait and switch blog because the title got me and then of course I would have to google email and follow up with a hotel how else would I contact them? Haha

• Trudy Danso
      9th October 2017 / 9:55 pm

Hi Haley, thanks for sharing your comment.
      In my opinion. I don’t see how my title in any case is a bait. It says what the post is about.
      As you know we live in a time that communication is done through several ways. Ofcourse everyone knows that you have to reach out.. duh
      My post explains that ”email is magic” so in this case I personally wouldn’t reach out to hotels through social media or phone. Furthermore I also provide a email template that you can receive when you leave your email.

Clickbait? I think I would have tried harder than this wouldn’t I?

6. 9th October 2017 / 9:45 pm

Great idea! I love to travel and can’t believe that I haven’t thought to incorporate my stay into my blog. I have a budget themed blog but I think that this could still work for me. Thanks 🙂

7. 9th October 2017 / 9:57 pm

I’ve never thought to reach out to hotels to request to work with them. I’m currently going on holiday and I think I should give this a whirl. Lots of honest advice about how to interact with the hotel. I’ll keep this in mind when I travel.

A Beauty and The Business

8. 10th October 2017 / 5:37 am

Hi,
    I love this idea. Not sure how I can use this but I’m certainly going to try!

9. 10th October 2017 / 7:10 am

Great tips, loved the last picture, it looks so amazing. Great post!

10. Brittany
    10th October 2017 / 5:53 pm

Thanks for the tips! Will definitely implement them on my next pitch.

11. 10th October 2017 / 9:00 pm

Very creative idea. Wish I’d known about this years ago. Of course pre-internet it would have been a different situation entirely. Looking forward to hearing more about your journey and adventures.

12. 11th October 2017 / 7:54 pm

This is great!! Just what I needed. I’ll be arriving a day early to Barcelona so I will definitely need a one night stay so hopefully they would agree to that.

13. 17th October 2017 / 4:40 am

I needed these tips.. I’m always looking to collaborate with hotels but never look into it or research. I’ve got to make time for that.

14. 23rd October 2017 / 10:14 pm

Thank you. I appreciate this. I am a Disney Blogger and I have been trying to figure this out. This was so helpful.

15. 23rd October 2017 / 11:21 pm

I am hoping to do this on a trip from Paris to Istanbul with my son. It will be an awesome trip.

16. 24th October 2017 / 1:28 am

Great tips! Who would you recommend emailing? just so I know who the right person to email is.

17. 24th October 2017 / 1:39 am

I’ve done several collaborations with hotels when I travel in support of my beer blog, Great Beer Now. I find I usually have the best luck when my requested days are the slower days of the week, like Sunday- Wednesday.

18. 26th October 2017 / 2:10 am

This is a great post. I have been wanting to collaborate with hotels for some time now, but I wasn’t sure if it was a very common thing. I’m still not sure if it is here in Australia, but I think I’m going to give it a go anyway!

Indya || tinyurl.com/thesmalladventurer

19. 14th March 2018 / 5:01 am

Very helpful tips thank you for this information.